Insight Global donated over $170,000 this holiday season through its second annual Jobs & Joy initiative, which offers our clients and consultants an opportunity to give back to our charity partners through charitable elections.
From November 1 to December 31, Insight Global donated $2,000 for every 100 consultants who started a new job with a client. Both the consultant and the manager who hired them got to choose from one of Insight Global’s eight charity partners.
We had over 8,700 consultants start jobs over the last two months of 2022, leading to $174,000 in donations.
Insight Global’s eight charity partners, as well as the donations they received and what the money is going toward, are listed below:
- OneWorld Health received $28,000 — Helps with construction costs for our new Insight Global medical facilities being built in Bugembe, Uganda and Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- Make-A-Wish GA received $27,000 — Provides at least 27 plane tickets for families to experience wishes with their children this year.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America received $23,000 — Generates support for the Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) program led by Big Brothers Big Sisters to help provide more access for kids to mentors and support..
- Best Buddies GA received $24,000 — Helps launch the new Best Buddies Jobs program in Georgia, securing jobs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), allowing them to earn an income, pay taxes, and independently support themselves. The Jobs program focuses on finding work that matches the job seeker’s interests and talents beyond typical IDD placements.
- forPeace Ukraine received $18,000 — Provides crucial survival resources for civilians in Ukraine during the cold winter months. This includes over 66,000 units of thermal clothing, repairing broken windows for thousands of people, hundreds of portable heating devices, and over 66,000 pounds of food..
- 5Gyres received $20,000 — Helps launch new Insight Global 2023 sustainability initiatives in partnership with 5Gyres, including trash blitzes in our offices, plastic reduction campaigns, and recycling efforts to help keep our planet healthy..
- Team Rubicon received $20,000 — Helps homeowners return to a safe, dry home after hurricanes and flooding events. It also aids in tree removal following weather events.
- Insight Global Family Foundation (IGFF) – The remaining funds will be distributed to our IGFF to provide hardship grants for families (up to $10k each depending on the need). The foundation has a goal of awarding 500 grants by 2025.
Some of the most powerful takeaways from Jobs & Joy are the conversations with our consultants and clients making the elections. These allow us to invite them into our company purpose to be the light to the world around us through our commitment to philanthropy.
One such moment came from Dan Bock, a customer of ours at Optum. Here’s what he had to say about why he chose Best Buddies:
“My younger sister Noelle was special needs with Rett Syndrome. These types of programs helped her live her life to the fullest and brought joy not only to Noelle, but our family and everyone she interacted with. Looking at the website made me misty-eyed. My sister passed away in 2015, but her impact on everyone she met lives on and these programs and people that support them are incredible. Thank you for the opportunity to donate to that cause in memory of my sister, Noelle.”